$13.00-16.00 per hour to start
Experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities is preferred
Completion of a high school is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the swimming pool facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
2. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
3. Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
4. Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
5. Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
6. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
· Substantial experience in a specific sports or recreational program
· Demonstrated ability in a sports or fitness water related activity
· Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation
· Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
· Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
· Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
· Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.