4-10 years experience
Location: Saskatchewan (several locations)
Position: Full time temporary – possibility for full time permanent
Wage: $17-22 to start – wage based on experience, increase generally after 3 months
Must be willing to obtain class 1A licence in Saskatchewan on arrival.
Line-haul and local truck drivers perform some or all of the following duties:
· Operate and drive straight trucks to transport goods and materials over urban and short inter-urban routes
· May drive lighter, special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks
· Perform pre-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicles such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo.
Successful applicants will be able to communicate in English for an interview.
Successful applicants will have to be able to pay for their driving license conversion and training associated with it.
· Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 kg with three or more axles to transport goods and material to destinations
· Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
· Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage
· Perform emergency roadside repairs
· Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
· Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or on on-board computer
· Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using citizens' band (CB) radio, cellular telephone and on-board computer
· May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
· May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.